Of the year, that is! And what a year it's been.
Some losses...
Trevor lost his first tooth.
Emily lost several teeth.
I lost almost 30 lbs and my sanity.
Kelly lost his secretary (retired).
Some gains...
Trevor gained some Wii skills on Lego Star Wars.
Emily gained a new dog, "Honey."
I gained some classes on my transcript (including a B in Spanish).
Kelly gained some half-marathon miles.
We've attended weddings and funerals, programs at school, programs at the theatre, softball games, basketball games, birthday parties, school parties, Christmas parties and talent shows. Concerts and services, movies and plays, dedications and baptisms, goodbye receptions and welcome parties.
But as I think back on the year, it reminds me of how I reflect back on my wedding day...it's pretty much a blur with only the highlights standing out. Looking forward, I really want to spend more time focusing on the present and enjoying each moment we each have together and not have another blurry year. I need to remember the lyrics in my favorite Simon & Garfunkel song... "Slow down, you move too fast."
Hope you all have a happy holiday season and a groovy new year! Make it last.
No comments:
Post a Comment