Ok, I may not TECHNICALLY be a Freshman, but I AM forty! As a recently admitted student to the University of Kansas (where I also receive my paycheck), I'm not sure if all the hours I've transferred from the numerous Community Colleges I've attended the past 20 years will count towards me being closer to a Sophomore than a Freshman! However, the class I'm in, MATH101, or College Alegebra, is definitely more of a Freshman class.
Anyway, the first day of class, the TA decides to do the thing introverts like me hate the most....go around the room and introduce yourself. Are you kidding? Seriously...just teach the equation stuff and let me out of here! Around the room we go, traditional 18 year old freshman after another. Then me. Up til now they either assumed I was there to check in athletes to confirm their class attendance, or a faculty member auditing the class and/or TA. You can feel the stares as I tell them I'm a non-tra student, working on my undergrad, and that I've been working at KU for the past 15 years. Then you can hear the "how old do you think she is?" whispers cycling around. After a decently timed awkward silence, the TA says Wow, and points to the kid behind me to continue.
So much for blending in! :) It's going to be a fun semester.
1 comment:
OMG! I would totally hate that! But you go and set the damn curve like all non-tra students usually do and piss off the partying freshmen! HA!
Post a Comment