Saturday, September 6, 2008
Algebra - what am I thinking?
Today as I struggled through my 45th question about functions, slopes, y-intersects, formulas and graphs, I stopped to catch my breath and listen to my family playing in the living room without me. They are playing a game - daddy, Emily, Trevor, which dissolves into a wrestling, tickling thing, full of laughter and giggling. I watch, jealous, and feeling a bit sorry for myself. I mean, what am I doing? Does this degree really matter? Is it worth the cost of the time I'm losing with my kids? I stare at them for a minute, til the tears come. But, yes, I remind myself, YES, this IS important, and I'm NOT a quitter. I can learn algebra again. I can finish school. And I want my kids to see that I do believe a college education is important, even if it takes 20 years to complete. Now, if I can just figure out the damn graphing calculator...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment